The Balsall Heath Forum is now preparing to formally submit the Balsall Heath Neighbourhood Development Plan to Birmingham City Council. It intends that this submission should be made in November 2013. Before this is done, we have to consult people affected by the Plan, to give them an opportunity to give their comments on the proposals. This period for this consultation has to be a minimum of six weeks. We shall be consulting from Friday 20th September to Friday 15th November, a period of eight weeks.
This website contains the material which constitutes the Plan which the Forum is intending to submit to the City Council. The material on this site consists of the following:
1. A map showing the boundary of the neighbourhood plan area.
2. The written policies, which constitute the core of the neighbourhood plan.
3. The three documents produced by Lepus Consulting, which constitute the Strategic Environmental Assessment of the neighbourhood plan:
a. The Scoping Report
b. Reasonable Alternatives
c. The Sustainability Appraisal Report
4. The eight exhibition panels which were produced in 2012, which illustrate the main place-related projects and proposals in the neighbourhood plan.
5. A feedback form for you to complete to give us your views on the Plan.
In addition to being on this website, this material can also be consulted at Balsall Heath Library on Moseley Road, and at the Balsall Heath Forum’s office at the Tree Nursery, 82-89 St Paul’s Road, B12 8LS.
At these locations you will find feedback forms which you can complete to record your views on the neighbourhood plan. Or you can simply write your thoughts on what is proposed, and post them to the Forum at the address above, or email them to email@example.com. Please do record your views, even if you support all the proposals, because the more we can demonstrate support for the neighbourhood plan to the City Council, the more chance there will be of the Council eventually approving it.